Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
ONLINE LESSONS AT ENACT MUSIC
Applicable from 01/09/2021 onwards
The online platform through which lessons will take place will be discussed between parents, Enact Music administration, and teachers.
- Parents will use suitable software, internet providers and safeguarding programmes to guard against malware. Enact Music is not responsible for computers, headphones, or other equipment failures, belonging to parents, students, or teachers.
- All teachers at Enact Music comply with current child protection advice and legislation and have been 'Access NI' checked.
- The lesson's online connection must permanently be established only between teachers and parents contacts or accounts, and never the child's email, phone, or social media contacts.
- The lesson must occur in a room with an open door and a responsible adult on the same premises as the student when under 18 years of age.
- Online lessons must occur in a house's common area, such as the living room or kitchen. Classes in bedrooms are not allowed.
- Students must wear appropriate attire. If a student's clothing is inappropriate, the teacher will terminate the lesson, and Enact Music will offer no refund. The lesson can resume when the pupil is suitably attired. However, the lesson will finish at the set previously agreed to end time.
- Students will not send any materials to teachers through online platforms, social media, or phones. Only parents are permitted to send anything to teachers. It must be strictly related or connected to the provision of music lessons. Equally, teachers are only allowed to use parents/guardians contacts to send homework tasks and resources required.
- Students, parents, and teachers must never video record a lesson without the permission of Enact Music Director. Written consent from all parties is required before any of the mentioned parties can do this.
- If parents' details are hacked, they must contact Enact Music immediately to inform them of any possible issue.
- Online lessons are set on the same day each week unless agreed otherwise between parent and teacher.
- Parents must ensure the internet connection is established at the lesson's scheduled time and that the required equipment is functioning correctly to enable the lesson with the minimum hassle possible.
- Due to the timings of subsequent lessons, teachers may be unable to provide an extension of lessons where the student did not show up in the online class in time. Or where there were substantial technical difficulties due to parents and student's internet, software, or hardware problems. Parents will not receive lesson refunds in such cases as teachers need to be paid for their time. Rescheduling will be left to the teacher's discretion, following availability, and will incur payment for the rescheduled lesson.
- The monthly fee for the lessons is paid upfront, and you will be contacted by the Enact Music Administrator (Elisabete Tavares) via text message.
- Online individual lessons can be 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour as agreed with students, parents/guardians. Payment charges will apply as stated below in Table 1:
- Lessons cancelled by parents within less than 24 hours before the lesson will be fully charged and Enact Music will not offer a replacement lesson. Therefore, parents/guardians should contact Enact Music as soon as it is known that the student will not attend their lesson.
- To let us know that you/your child cannot attend a lesson, you are required to send two text messages as follows:
1. To Enact Music Administrator (Elisabete Tavares: 07504 548135). And,
2. To your teacher (mobile contact given to you at the time of your enrolment).
- It is essential that you timely inform Enact Music Administrator of any lesson cancellations. Failure to do so may result in you being charged for lessons not given if Enact Music is not aware of the cancellation.
- Any failure in internet connection or equipment on the teachers' device during a lesson will result in a reschedule, at no extra cost to parents, to compensate for the time lost because of technical difficulties.
- Any lessons cancelled by a teacher will be re-arranged by that teacher for an alternative date. If this is not possible, Enact Music will refund you for that specific lesson.
- To ensure continuity of learning and achievement of the learning aims agreed between student and teacher, students should attend all lessons.
- Students who miss more than three lessons per term may lose their place to students on our waiting list due to the high demand for places.
- Students are required to give a minimum of 2-week notice upon leaving a course of lessons.
- Food, drinks or chewing gum is not permitted during lessons.
- Enact Music will not enter any student for examinations, competitions, or festivals without written permission from parents/guardians and prior payment of the relevant fee.
- If a student sits a musical exam, parents wishing to contest the exam results, must pay the examination board re-assessment fee plus £20 to cover the teacher’s time preparing the report and Enact Music related internal administration. If the re-assessment is such that the examination mark is changed for a higher mark, Enact Music will refund parents for the examination board re-assessment fee.
- Students, Parents/guardians will receive regular feedback on learning progress provided by teachers during the lessons.
- Parents/guardians are also welcomed to speak to Enact Music Director (Lilian Simones) about their child's progress by appointment. To arrange an appointment, please contact Enact Music Administrator.
- To read our Child Protection Policy (updated on 31/07/2020), please go to:
- These terms and conditions are subject to change. The latest terms and conditions will be published at Enact Music Website (www.enactmusic.com).