Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
IN-PERSON LESSONS AT ENACT MUSIC TEACHING STUDIO
Applicable from 01/09/2021 onwards
- In-person lessons at Enact Music Teaching Studio is subject to space availability and is primarily for students who need in-person teaching compared to online education. For example, for those who may have additional learning needs, relevant exams to complete, and the online learning environment has proven to be less effective than face-to-face learning.
Precedence for lessons at the studio will be given to those who have already been having in-person lessons at the Enact Music Teaching Studio during the trial period conducted during May/June 2021.
- Parents must sign a written agreement with the terms and conditions stated below. They willfully oblige by Enact Music's Covid 19 safety protocol for the lessons. Only after all parties receive the signed agreement can the lessons go ahead. Parents must discuss the content of this agreement with their children at home so that they are fully aware of the protocol and expectations.
- Suppose your child or someone in your household and bubble has been in contact with a person recently diagnosed with Covid 19. In that case, you must inform Enact Music straight away. We will then trace connections made in person due to our business and advice people to contact their GP and follow the government's self-isolation guidelines. We will also inform the relevant authorities. In such case, Enact Music is obliged to disclose personal details to the appropriate authorities, such as full names, addresses and details of the type of contact, dates, and time.
- The only teaching space allowing social distancing is Room 1. Therefore, no lessons can take place in Room 2.
- Only students and their teachers are allowed inside Enact Music Studio. Parents willing to speak to the teacher must do so by phone and not approach the inside of the teaching studio under any circumstances. The teacher will send the child to meet parents and guardians on the footpath at the end of the lesson.
- Only one-to-one, in-person lessons will be permitted at Enact Music teaching studio. Therefore, group lessons are not allowed until it is safe to do otherwise.
- Any teachers and students who show COVID-19 symptoms or were asked to self-isolate by any government track and trace service must not attend an in-person lesson. In such cases, they must contact Enact Music Administrator as soon as possible.
- Students should bring ONLY the minimum necessary equipment to the lesson. The sharing of musical instruments and materials of any nature (pencils, gadgets, etc.) before and during lessons is strictly prohibited.
- Instruments brought from home must be appropriately cleaned and disinfected at home with an alcohol-based product and kept in a disinfected (in and out) protected case. Caution must be employed when cleaning instruments to ensure that the materials used do not damage the instrument. Enact Music is not liable for any instrument damage incurred because of the detergents used to clean instruments. In addition, Enact Music is not responsible for allergic or other types of physical reactions that these products can cause. Therefore, parents and students need to read the safety instructions for products and ensure they are safe both for human and instrumental use.
- To allow time for cleaning the teaching space and amenities between lessons and avoid the previous student meeting the next, your child must arrive at the studio door EXACTLY on time. That is, neither early neither late. Unfortunately, if your child is late, the lesson will still need to finish at the expected time. This is because before the following class, the teacher must disinfect the space and ensure that students with different schedules do not cross or meet at our premises. Parents will not receive lesson refunds in such cases as teachers must be paid for their time.
- Rescheduling will be left to the teacher's discretion, following availability, and will incur payment for the rescheduled lesson.
- Ensure that your child's temperature is taken before departure to the lessons at Enact Music. If the temperature is equal to or above 37 degrees your child should not attend the class, and you should inform Enact Music Administrator as soon as possible.
- Your child must wear a face mask before entering the studio and for the duration of the lesson. If your child arrives without a mask, please be aware that the teacher will offer a new mask to your child and ask them to wear it. If your child has any condition where wearing a mask is not appropriate, please let us know.
- On arrival, your child will also be asked to disinfect their hands using the hand sanitisers provided. Would you please let us know if your child is allergic to any sanitisation products? If so, your child must bring the sanitiser that works for them to the lesson.
- A temperature check to students will be conducted at the studio when your child arrives, using a contactless temperature check device. You are requested to wait outside until the temperature check is done. Your teacher will gesture from the window to let you know whether the lesson can go ahead or if it needs to be cancelled.
- Suppose the parent did not wait, and the student's temperature is equal to or above 37 degrees. In that case, the teacher will call the parents via phone and ask them to collect the child while keeping the child inside, but in the area beside the door, not allowing the child to go further in.
- Once your child gets clearance for the lesson to go ahead, the teacher will ask your child to wash their hands using the amenities provided for at least 30 seconds. Students should do this alone. The bathroom contains a no-touch bin and disposable paper towels.
- ONLY after completion of all the above points can the lesson begin.
- The teaching studio is now divided into two main areas using a large transparent screen. The teacher's area and the student's area are clearly delimited. It would be best if your child always remained in the student's area. The area contains a chair, a music stand, and a piano.
- All lessons are to be given through the transparent screen, using a distance of at least 2 meters between teacher and student with the barrier between them.
- Social distancing means that teachers cannot touch the musical instruments where the student is playing during the lesson, including for tuning. To mitigate this, we have placed two pianos in the studio, one for the teacher, and the other for the student. Where students may require instrumental tuning, the teacher will demonstrate to the student how to do so. Still, the student will have to tune their instrument themselves with the teacher's guidance.
- Only one person must access the narrow corridor before the bathroom at a given time.
- To minimise physical contact, only teachers should open and close doors and windows or touch light switches, heating controls, etc.
- To make it easier for students and teachers to follow the rules on social distancing and the protocol on cleanliness, these are displayed at the teaching studio.
- If we are made aware that an infected person was in our studio, all lessons taking place on the following day will be rescheduled for online classes to allow deep cleaning of the venue.
- Parents must not congregate outside the studio or at the studio's entrance. Social distancing measures of at least between 1 meter need to be always observed.
- The monthly fee for the lessons is paid upfront, and you will be contacted by the Enact Music Administrator (Elisabete Tavares) via text message.
- Individual lessons can be: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour as agreed with students, parents/guardians. Payment charges will apply as per Table 1 below:
- To ensure continuity of learning and achievement of the learning aims agreed between student and teacher students are expected to attend all lessons.
- Students who miss more than 3 lessons per term may lose their place to students on our waiting list, due to high demand for places.
- Lessons cancelled by parents within less than 24 hours before the lesson will be fully charged and Enact Music will not offer a lesson replacement, except in cases where the late cancellation is due to Covid symptoms, or self-isolation request. In such eventuality you will be asked to provide evidence. Whatever the case, parents/guardians should contact Enact Music as soon as it is known that the student will not attend their lesson.
- To let us know that you/your child cannot attend a lesson, you are required to send two text messages as follows:
1. To Enact Music Administrator (Elisabete Tavares: 07504 548135), and
2. To your teacher (mobile contact given to you at the time of your enrolment).
- It is essential that you timely inform Enact Music Administrator of any lesson cancellations. Failure to do so may result in you being charged for lessons not given if Enact Music is not aware of the cancellation.
- Any lessons cancelled by a teacher will be re-arranged by that teacher for an alternative date. If this is not possible, Enact Music will refund you for that specific lesson.
- Students are required to give a minimum of 2-week notice upon leaving a course of lessons.
- Food, drinks or chewing gum is not permitted during lessons.
- Enact Music will not enter students for examinations, competitions, or festivals without written permission from parents/guardians and without prior payment of the relevant fee. If a student sits a musical exam, parents wishing to contest the exam results, must pay the examination board re-assessment fee plus £20 to cover the teacher’s time preparing the report and Enact Music related internal administration. If the re-assessment is such that the examination mark is changed for a higher mark, Enact Music will refund parents for the examination board re-assessment fee.
- Students, parents/guardians will receive regular feedback on learning progress provided by teachers by email, SMS, phone, or online meetings.
- Parents/guardians are also welcomed to speak to Enact Music Director (Dr Lilian Simones) about their child's progress by appointment. To arrange an appointment, please get in touch with Enact Music Administrator.
- To read our Child Protection Policy (updated on 31/07/2020), please go to:
- These terms and conditions are subject to change. The latest terms and conditions will be published at Enact Music Website (www.enactmusic.com).