Individual lessons Terms and Conditions
Individual lessons Terms and Conditions
Revised September, 2017
Lessons: Requirements, Terms and Conditions
- Please be aware that for lessons given at our residential area the following rules needs to be strictly observed:
- To drop off your child: Please stop your car briefly EXACTLY at our entrance, confirm visually that your child has entered the house.
- If you stay in the lesson, please park your car at the road going down from our entrance as there are no house entrances there OR further down near the building site, where there are no houses. No parking is acceptable in front of our neighbours' houses or even in front of any part/s of their gardens.
- If you wait outside while your child is having lesson, DO NOT stay parked in this area in order to avoid traffic congestion and safeguard our neighbours' privacy.
- At collection time, please stop your car briefly EXACTLY at our entrancel. We will send your child out when we see you outside.
- This is a residential area with neighbourhood children often playing outdoors. Driving in this area should never exceed in any circumstances 5 miles/hour.
- Lessons are at a set time on the same day each week.
- Individual lessons can be: 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour as agreed with students, parents/guardians. Payment charges will apply accordingly, as stated in the payment section (below).
- To ensure continuity of learning and achievement of the learning aims agreed between student and teacher at the start of the school year students are expected to attend all lessons.
- Enact Music individual instrumental music lessons cease for notified periods at Christmas and Easter and most of the months of July/August.
- Lessons continue through the Halloween and February half term breaks, St Patrick's Day and both May Bank Holiday weekends. For a list of term dates please consult Term Time Dates 2017/2018 at our website (www.enactmusic.com).
- It is the student's responsibility to keep up to date with our term times.
- Update information is also available on our 'Facebook' page (@enactmusic).
- Student unplanned absences will be billed to the fee payer.
- Lessons cancelled within less than 24 hours prior to the lesson will be fully charged and a replacement lesson will not be offered. Therefore Parents/guardians should contact Enact Music as soon as it is known that the student will be unable to attend their lesson.
- To let us know that you/your child cannot attend a lesson you are required to send two text messages as follows: 1) to Enact Music Administrator (Elisabete Tavares: 07504 548135) and 2) to your teacher (mobile contact available in the Student Welcome Pack given to you at the start of your lessons).
- It is extremely important that you timely inform Enact Music Administrator of any lesson cancellations. Failure to do so may result in you being charged for lessons not given in case Enact Music is not aware of the cancellation.
- Any lessons cancelled by a teacher will be re-arranged by that teacher for an alternative date. If this is not possible, you will be refunded for that specific lesson.
- Students who miss more than 3 lessons per term may lose their place to students on our waiting list, due to high demand for places.
- Students are required to give a minimum of 2 week notice upon leaving a course of lessons.
- Food, drinks or chewing gum is not permitted during lessons.
- Students will not be entered for any examinations, competitions or festivals without written permission from parents/guardians and without prior payment of the relevant fee.
- Students, Parents/guardians will receive regular feedback on learning progress provided by teachers during the lessons.
- Parents/guardians are also welcome to speak to Enact Music Director (Lilian Simones) about their child's progress by appointment. To arrange an appointment please contact Enact Music Administrator.
- All teachers at Enact Music comply with current child protection advice and legislation and have been 'Access NI' checked.
- We take photographs and make recordings during the course of our education activities for use in our leaflets and on our website. Please let us know in writing, at the time of booking, if you are unhappy with your child being included in this. It will not be possible to avoid inclusion in recordings or photographs of musical activities.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change.
- The latest terms and conditions will be published at Enact Music Website (www.enactmusic.com).
- Individual tuition for grades elementary to grade 8 is charged at:
£15 per 30 minutes lesson
£23 per 45 minutes lessons
£30 per 60 minutes lessons
- Individual tuition for Diploma students is charged at:
£18.75 per 30 minutes lessons
£28.20 per 45 minutes lessons
£37.5 per 60 minutes lessons
- Each term's lessons may be paid fully up front or monthly in advance.
- Where the fee payer chooses to pay the term's fees in full, payment must be received before 30th September, 31st January and 30th April.
- Where lessons are paid for monthly, payment must be received in advance on the 1st of each month, for the total number of lessons to be given in that month, and may be made via standing order, online banking, cash or cheque (made payable to Enact Music).
- Where a student commences lessons during the academic year and you wish to pay by Standing Order please contact Enact Music Administrator 9-5 pm Monday – Friday for advice on your monthly payment.
- Any late payments may incur a £6 fee.
- If a payment is overdue by more than 2 weeks tuition may be refused.
- Tuition fees are subject to change and are reviewed on an annual basis.
- Fees incurred for examinations and any extra rehearsals with accompanists will be notified separately and need to be paid prior to the examination.
- Photocopying is available at Enact Music at a cost of 10p for an A4 sheet.
- As learning progresses materials Teachers will make clear to students what books and materials may be needed. These will need to be obtained/purchased by students and are not included in student’s fees.